There are times when we make a decision and we may not be appreciated for it even though it makes total sense to ourselves. We may choose to limit a certain relationship of any kind to avoid any further misunderstanding or mishap. It is better to save yourself than bring harm to yourself. Keeping someone at arm’s length is a worthy suggesting if someone has a record for creating disturbance or has a knack for rudeness. By doing this, we keep our peace of mind.
I have had to make decisions about my relationships with people and some have fizzled away and some have got stronger. Some relationships carry on in the background strong and resilient despite the irregular conversations. There are a few rules that I keep and I will let you know them.
- Forgive everyone that makes a mistake to you, if they have hurt you in anyway. It heals yourself first before there can be healing in a relationship, if the desire is there to do so.
- Respect people for who they are, for their character and never for their position or title.
- Remember that love stems from you and that is what you share with the world. Just because someone loves you, it doesn’t mean you can just strive on that.
- Work with those that disagree with you and maintain balance even in the most trying of times.
I have added one rule since yesterday because this is very much needed in my life.
- Try to keep a calm mind even when the energy of disturbance is super strong. Be mindful when disturbance smashes into your peace.