I remember speaking to a manager
She didn’t approve of a management style of
another manager who managed me.
She told me a simple thing
And it should apply to everyone
‘Do not become a mood hoover!’
It got me thinking alot
We all have bad days at work
Sometimes it becomes overwhelming
It can get the better of us
But why let it get the better of us?
We are incharge of our own lives
Why should our state of mind
Be at the will of others?
Yes, if you must show emotion at work
Do that and don’t hold back.
If you can look at the situation objectively
Then right course of action is taken.
If no answer is coming to you
Then simply do not react,
Otherwise something that is a molehill
Will undoubtedly take shape of a mountain.
The worse thing is when you come home
Or you go to see your friends
And you act all moody and down.
We all have our troubles and problems
Nobody is exempt from experiencing this.
Begin to understand the nature of your feelings,
Understand how your energy passes into a room.
A wise man once told me personally that
Are you that person who enters a room
And people stand up to leave? Or
Are you that person who enters a room
And the room lights up with joy?
If you cannot find happiness in yourself
If you cannot find joy in yourself
You will NEVER find it in another.
That person will become a reflection
Of what your state of being truly is.
When you come back from work
Meet others with a grand smile.
Give them positive energy
Because when their times are tough
You may be the only hope they have
The only thought they will possess
When they feel overwhelmed.
Stress is the most common problem today. Whether it is exams are round the corner, an important project file needs to be handed in at work. Family relationships are getting more tense, the wife wants another holiday, the kids want to start dating and are obviously going through adolescence. He probably also has a mistress to look after too, after all having sex with someone other than your wife or girlfriend doesn’t come cheap. Today, can be said the same for women. Women have progressed and for all the right reasons, they have grown and grown. They have to face decisions on whether to concentrate on their career or have a baby. They may also be having another love affair. The woman may also have the burden of not knowing who the real father is. The husband may feel he may not be the father. The teenagers and young adults have to go through changes in the body, the realisation of their hormones, and also have to face exams and coursework worries. On top of that, their parents are over-protective or do not even give a damn about them. They could have a boyfriend or a girlfriend, who is immature and inconsiderate. Even if they are in the so-called best relationships, they shout ‘love’ as if they understand it. Inside they know they don’t understand it and this leads to their subconscious remaining confused about love. Those kids know that their subconscious could rip open any time. University graduates have to worry about getting a job, a mortgage and a possible family life despite a recession and an incompetent government. You don’t know what to do except keep it all in. You allow the stress to gather inside – thus leaving your mental stability on the rocks.
Most stress is our emotions. Our emotions are attached to everything that we do. Inside, there is some emotion behind the stress that we feel. At the end, we do not want to feel pain, we do not want to face disappoint. Young, or old, you just want to live life freely, so how to do it as easy as ABC is the main questions.
Here are the steps:
1. Sit down on your own – This is an important step to take. Now, sit anywhere – in your office, your bedroom, your closet or even your bathroom. Sit down on a chair, on the floor, whatever you feel like doing. You can stand up if you want, you can walk of you want. Just be free in the comfort of your own being and close your eyes. Just sit there in silence, allow thoughts, visions and your imagination to roam free. Just relax. Breathe slowly, become aware of each breath. Do this up to 3 minutes.
2. Remember everything that causes stress – Think of all the events, the moments that have caused you stress. Your heart may race a little bit faster than usual but become aware of everything. Think of everything. Let it boil up. Feel all your emotions, all that stress rise up – from the centre of your being to the mind. Spend up to 6 minutes on it.
3. Scream and laugh – Now you must scream out all your stress, everything that you have kept in, imagine all the stresses releasing out of your mind, out of your body. If you can’t scream for obvious reasons, then imitate the screams, allow your body to throw out the stress. Don’t restrict your body to move at this point. Even if you are screaming inside, witness and watch the stress as you throw it out. Do this up to 3 minutes or longer depending on how much stress you have.
Then start laughing or feel the laughter within you. Just laugh, you don’t need a reason. If you do then; think of the good times, think of jokes but you must laugh. Laughter is infectious, so once you start you should keep laughing. Best thing to laugh at is the stress that you have ‘vomited’ out. Look at the silliness of it. But your main happiness should be that you have no more stress within you. Be aware of the laughter, feel it from within. This should last up to 3 minutes.
4. Listen to music – For upto 7 minutes, relax with some music. Keep your body free and don’t be worried about dancing. Even if you listen to the music let it be something classical, that gives you goosebumps. Otherwise it can be modern and it can have lyrics. Just feel good. Whatever makes you want to celebrate. Whatever makes you feel very good about life, let the music enter your mind. It is best if doesn’t have lyrics as it will do justice to the next step. I have a file on rapidshare for some music that I feel will be better or any new age music. The link to the music file is: http://rapidshare.com/files/442407518/stress_music_1.rar
5. Sit in silence – Now, you must sit in silence for 5 minutes with your eyes closed. Try and think of nothing. Don’t remember what you did in the past minutes. If it makes it easier for you then concentrate on your breathing, become one with the breathes that you take. Otherwise, keep your mind blank and in silence. If you want to imagine anything, then imagine only darkness, endless darkness. Allow yourself to become friendly with the darkness. Feel it’s energy wrap around you, this soundless energy. Try and feel that buzz everywhere, around you, touching your body. Let yourself free.
Overall it can be done in 21 minutes. It is literally 1.5% of your whole day, it will not cost you much time at all. You are given freedom but you must follow the steps in the way presented. This has worked for me and it can work with you. You can do this as many times as you want in a day. It can be less or it can be more than the 21 minutes, the main objective is that you must de-stress yourself. If you follow this regularly then you will eventually be detached from stress, you may get stressed but you will know how to remove it. Try it and tell me if it works.
Rahul N Singh